What will Singapore look like in 2030?
2030 is closer than we think. Singapore, with its worldwide reputation for digital innovation, its position as the most sustainable city in Asia* and its world class talent, offers a clear vision into how a society will work, interact and thrive in the next decade.
Through a real estate lens, CBRE Singapore 2030 Report outlines five major structural changes that will shape the economy in the next ten years, at the same time examining how market players can ride these changes with Singapore into 2030.
Five Major Structural Changes in 2030
- Expect more homes, but smaller homes
- Retirement redefined
- Rise of the Millennials
- Island-wide commercial growth via strategic gateways
- Going underground?
- Delivering tomorrow
- Decentralization to remain a key feature
- Sharing is the new norm
- Workplace transformation
- Reimagining Retail
- A 5G Workforce
- 80% of office spaces to be green by 2030
- Harvesting green financing
- Farming spaces for food
- Heading to the cloud
- Edging out with AI
- The 5G effect
* The 2018 Sustainable Cities Index (SCI), by Arcadis NV