• In 2017, international tourist arrivals in Phuket reached 4.6 million, an increase by 13.1% Y-o-Y.
• The occupancy rate increased by 1.7 percentage points to 77.8% in 2017, according to STR.
• The Average Daily Rate (ADR) in 2017 grew by 3.6% Y-o-Y to THB 3,833; while, RevPAR increased by 6% Y-o-Y to THB 3,064, benefitting from the strong performance of both occupancy and ADR.
• Five hotels were opened in H2 2017 namely Rosewood Phuket, Avista Grande Phuket Karon, Mai Khao Palm Beach, Beyond Patong, and The Marina Phuket. Cachet Resort Dewa Phuket opened a new wing in H2 2017. These new additions have added 875 keys to the inventory.
• As of H2 2017, there were 130 hotels in Phuket with a total of 22,358 keys. We expect 32 new hotels to be opened within 2020, adding 6,755 keys into the Phuket hotel market.